Favourite Old School Video Games

Favourite Old School Video Games

I have been a gamer from the start, more specifically a PC gamer. It’s a reality that I enjoy video games from time to time. These days I don’t get much to play video games because recently I got admitted in University so now I have a busy schedule. Also, games are mainly online multiplayer which do not have an ending and requires a lot of free time. One alternate is mobile gaming but it can’t reach the level of PC or console gaming as they lag in graphics quality and gameplay. But one thing mobile gaming is great for is that it does not require a lot of time to be played.

Nowadays PC games require expensive hardware and also the games are very expensive. So selecting which game to buy has gotten very difficult as one can only choose the game from its trailer. Even then it’s a risk if you don’t like that game then the money spent on it goes all in vain and I don’t want to repent the money spent on a game I don’t even like to play.

Anyway, this isn’t supposed to be about repenting about the expensive hardware or the buying of expensive games. This is supposed to be about some of my favorite old school video games of all time. Isn’t that more exciting than feeling sorry to complain about the prices of expensive gaming hardware or video games.

By the way these games are not in particular order.

Super Mario Bros


I think there will be no kid who didn’t play Super Mario. It was the most popular game released by Nintendo in 1983. But in my childhood period it was still a popular game so played it a lot. When I think of Super Mario I think of a classic adventure game in which the character moves mostly from left to right and discovers about the princess that is present in another castle. The simplicity of just getting from the far left end of the level to the far right and pulling down a flag was just awesome. The character passes different hurdles to reach the castle and rescue the princess. If you look at the game now you will not like it that much but only the ones who played it will tell you how much of a fun game it was.

Now it’s available online on internet too if you want to play it I am giving the link down below so you can enjoy it.

https://supermariobros.io/

Pac-Man


I still remember playing Pac-Man after I came from school when I was a kid. The yellow, pie-shaped Pac-Man character, who travels around a maze trying to eat dots and avoid four hunting ghosts was a great challenge at that time. The goal is to move Pac-Man around the maze-like screen to consume lines of 240 dots and avoiding one of four hunting ghosts to win the game. Due to its innovative design it has been the focus of whole gaming industry at that time.

If you want to play Pac-Man now you can by clicking the link below it’s available online

https://pacman.live/play.html


Metal Slug


You wanna spend some time playing action games with your friends? These are the games for you people.It is a multiplayer game that can be played by 2 to 4 persons at a time. I remember it was one of the first game I ever played on my PC. As it allows multiplayer gameplay so we always play it on gatherings and have a lot of fun. It is a run and gun game in which a lot of enemies come your way and you get different weapons in your way as pick ups. At the end of each round you have to defeat the master enemy. This game got a series of 8 games released by Neo Geo games. This game series attracted me a lot as every stage got new things like driving a conon arm tank or going into space to rescue your friend from aliens. This game was one of my favourite game to play.

If you wanna play click on the link below
http://www.neogeofun.com/game.php?id=434

 

Snow Bros


Isn’t it amazing to be challenged as well as getting fantasized by a game? Snow Bros, a game in which two snowmen twins passes 50 stages to rescue the princess and on every 10th stage they have to defeat a boss to pass any further. Throwing snow shots on the enemies and making snowballs of them and then pushing that snowballs to get them eleminated was one great feeling. The game hosts a number of hidden bonus secrets and we have to complete them, which are important for reaching high-scores and to obtain extra lives. If a single player is killed, their character is immediately respawned at the location they start at on every stage. I have spent hours playing this game as it gets more exciting after passing each round.

Following is the link of game now available online if you people wanna try it

https://arcadespot.com/game/snow-bros-nick-and-tom/


Hitman


If you people want to spend some stealth time in other’s territory? It is the game for you. Hitman was the first stealth game I bought that time when at start I got my PC. I didn’t play all the games in that series but I did play some of its parts and I really enjoyed this series. As I said, this game was all about stealth and killing different dangerous and wealthy criminals. Agent 47, the main character, is the genetically inhanced human who has the tattoo of bar code on the back of his head. He is hired by Europe based contract killing Agency for killing the criminals. His missions are all around the world to kill those criminals by using stealth techniques. It’s one of the first third-person perspective games. Its graphics was one of the best at that time. This game was one of the best actions game to play these days.

As its not available online so you can check this game on youtube to get more information about it. I am sharing its trailer link down below that may help you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIU4bOaWesE


So those are some of my favorite video game franchises. A couple of honorable mentions go out to The Prince of Persia. I’d have included them above, but I really haven’t played Prince of  Persia game that much. And the only Prince of Persia game I really ever remember Playing (and also consider one of the greatest games of all time) is Prince of Persia Warior Within on my PC. Oh, and who can forget the Tekken and other fighting games. I always liked playing them, but always got way too frustrated because these games are about so much more like mashing buttons to take down enemies.

 

What old school games do you consider favorites? Don’t be shy! Share your favorites down in the comments!

   

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's ok. but i like taming io game online free ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are classic mind games that have stood the test of time and are suitable for all ages! Our Sudoku 247 recreates this intellectual game, in addition to entertainment, the games here can also train some other skills such as thinking, creativity, patience... I believe Our website will bring you and everyone the most relaxing and rewarding moments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. https://pacman-30thanniversary.net/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment